Friday, January 1, 2010

Rohan's admissions essay to University of Chicago.

Here are parts of Rohan's admissions essay to University of Chicago Dean made public and e mailed to prospective students.

In his essay, Rohan objected to the “why.”

“Your cup overfloweth with academic genius, pour a little on me,” he wrote. “You’re legendary for it, they all told me it would never work out between us, but I had hope. I had so much hope; I replied to your adorable letters and put up with your puns.

“I knew going into it that you would be an expensive one to keep around, I accounted for all that; I understand someone of your caliber and taste. And now you inquire as to my wishes? They’re simple, accept me for who I am! Why can’t you just love and not ask why? Not ask about my assets or my past?”

I do not know what impact this e-mail had on the prospective students.I liked Rohan's essay

No comments:

Post a Comment