Monday, September 6, 2010

Mr Stein ,a proud stage director.MET Opera.

German director Peter Stein withdrew in July from a major production of Mussorgsky’s “Boris Godunov” at the Metropolitan Opera.


.“I told Gelb from the beginning, ‘Don’t create a situation where I don’t feel well,’ ” Mr. Stein, 72, said Friday in a telephone interview from Berlin. “I’m old. When I work, I must have the feeling that I’m wanted, that I’m there, that I’ve helped. If this is not the case, I cannot work anymore. It’s not possible.”

This incidence highlights how humiliating American visa process can be and the people in charge can be humorless paper pushers on an ego trip.It is shame how our front line ambassadors act like some third word uber gods and are arrogant and egomaniacs without respect for age talent and human sensitivities.

If we want to attract the brightest and best of the word to work with us and make contributions to human development we treat all alike like some financial refugee running away from some archaic system and government.We have to treat all humans with great dignity they are deserving of any thing less would dishonor the principals enshrined in our constitution and tradition.

I WONDER WHY MR STEIN WAS NOT OFFERED WATER AND A CHAIR AND UNCONDITIONAL VISA WHEN HE WAS TRUE IN HIS RESPONSE TO THE VISA PERSON.IT JUST PROVES HOW BADLY THEY FAILED WHILE THEY GAVE VISA TO ALL THE 19 TERRORISTS ON 9/11 FLIGHTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment