Wednesday, January 6, 2010

paulocoelhoblog.com,A wonderful blog and this 3rd century poem

This third century poem in the same tradition as of leaves of grass of Whitman the America poet in praise of the ordinary american( human person the god incarnate AVTAR)


Hymn to Isis ( 3rd or 4th century AD)
Published on January 5, 2010 in News. 52 Comments

For I am the first and the last

I am the venerated and the despised

I am the prostitute and the saint

I am the wife and the virgin

I am the mother and the daughter

I am the arms of my mother

I am barren and my children are many

I am the married woman and the spinster

I am the woman who gives birth and she who never procreated

I am the consolation for the pain of birth

I am the wife and the husband

And it was my man who created me

I am the mother of my father

I am the sister of my husband

And he is my rejected son

Always respect me

For I am the shameful and the magnificent one

No comments:

Post a Comment